Female Condom: Getting to Know FC2
FC2 Female Condom® is a thin, soft, loose-fitting sheath made from synthetic rubber (non-latex) which is worn inside the vagina. There is a flexible ring at each end. The inner ring at the closed end of the sheath is used to insert the condom inside the vagina and to hold it in place during intercourse. The rolled outer ring at the open end of the sheath remains outside the vagina and covers part of the external genitalia. FC2 Female Condom® is inserted into the vagina before sex. It holds the man’s sperm after ejaculation thus helping prevent unintended pregnancy. It also acts as a barrier to sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV.
Below is a list of promotional messages.
- FC2 can increase a woman’s sense of empowerment as she is taking the initiative to protect herself and her partner.
- FC2 Increases sexual stimulation because the material adjusts to body temperature and stays warm.
- External ring rubs against clitoris and increases pleasure for many women.
- Men do not have to have/ maintain an erection to use FC2. FC2 is a good option for men who are unable to maintain an erection with the male condom.
- Men do not have to withdraw right after ejaculation, which may lead to more intimacy when using FC2.
- FC2 can be inserted ahead of time so there are no interruptions to “spoil the mood”.
- Insertion of FC2 can be incorporated into sexual play, the partner can watch as it is put in place OR can help insert it.
- FC2 is a great choice for people with sensitivities to latex.
- FC2 can be used with any kind of lubricant (water or oil-based lubricants).
- FC2 provides an option for those times when a couple does not want to use the male condom (NOTE: Clients should never use a male condom and FC2 at the same time).
- FC2 is not tight or constricting around the penis; some men prefer FC2 to the male condom.
- The inner ring of FC2 can stimulate the tip of the penis during intercourse.
- The man does not have to worry about wearing a condom.
- FC2 provides effective dual protection, reducing the worry during sex about pregnancy and STIs/HIV.
- Increased sensation compared to latex male condom because nitrile is very thin.
- People who want to protect themselves and their partners from unintended pregnancy and STIs, including HIV/AIDS.
- People whose partners cannot or will not use the male condom.
- Women who are menstruating.
- Women who have recently given birth.
- Women who have had a hysterectomy.
- Women who are pre-menopausal or post-menopausal.
- People who are allergic or sensitive to latex.
- People who are HIV+ or have HIV+ partners.